How to Change Address Name or Any Other Information on Your UID


UID Change Application form

UID is also known as Unique Identification Number. It has been introduced under Unique Identification Authority by government of India. UID is also known as Aadhaar number. Its main goal is to create and bestow a unique ID for every citizen. UID is a number of personal identification. It is a 12 digit unique number and acts as a base to identify a citizen’s identity on basis of demography and information of biometrics. Biometrics includes a citizen’s photo, fingerprints and iris. All this identity information of citizens is stored in a centralized database system. UID can be verified very easily. It is a unique method to check duplicate identities stored in private and government records.

It should be remembered that UID (Unique Identification Number) is a unique number that is not based on race, caste, religion and geographical residence. This number is issued in the form of an identity card. One interesting fact about UID is that it for every person including new born infants. It means that every person in a family will be issued a separate (Unique Identification Number). It enables to verify or identify every citizen easily without confusion that often arises due to having similar names. Getting UID or Aadhaar is beneficial from identification point of view. It is not compulsory to obtain this number, citizens can get it voluntarily. Any person can get a UID even without documents of identity. One can possess a single unique identification number. One cannot have more than one unique identification number. Aadhar number will not be used to replace other identity proofs like passport or ration card.

How to change address name & other information in your UID

It often happens that wrong details of name, address, phone number or home address gets added in the database of identity information. Such errors may occur by supplier of info or the person adding info in database. The best way to check errors of wrong data entry for UID is to keep an eye while filling the enrollment form. In case if one sees any wrong data entered in the form, he/she should make provisions to replace it with the correct information. This is the best and simplest way to create a UID with correct data. One more opportunity is given to applicants of UID while final publishing of enrollment form. The applicant can recheck and edit wrong information details seen in enrollment form of UID. In case if corrections are missed during these two occasions, then one can go to the enrollment form center. Corrections can be made at this center within 48 hours of period of enrollment with all required documents and slip of enrollment.

{ 23 comments… read them below or add one }

illa sri krishna bhagavan rao August 27, 2011 at 11:53 am

respected sir/mam
i am sri krishna bhagavan rao.In uid its written in sri krishna bagavan rao plz correct this error i request enrollment no is 1111/15289/00437.Clerks also did not write email id and phone email id is and phone no. is 9346819252
thankyou sir/mam


surjeet kaur September 6, 2011 at 7:41 am

i want to know that in future when i will be getting married and my marital status+name(most imp.)+address will change .then from where and which department should i contact to get changes made in my UID Card


Kaushal Kumar Verma September 7, 2011 at 9:04 am

How to Check Created UID Card?


Elango October 28, 2011 at 4:43 am

How to change the address to a new address after getting the UID?

When I requested to add my permanent address, I was asked to give a proof for my current address. Latter I found that I was wrongly instructed by the AADHAAR team member. So, now I have to change the address, the proofs were already given (passport for both ID and address).



puttaswamy N October 31, 2011 at 9:54 am

respected sir/mam,
i want to change of my address as mantioned below .
puttaswamy N
karemole village
chikkahomma post
Nanjanagud taluk
mysore distric
uid no- 603347850918


thomas pi November 15, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I wan to take UID for my child. But his name is to be changed . This will be done when child is in std VIII. If I take my child UID with old name now, then how can his name be changed into new one. What is is the procedure?



SHRIKANT MANOHAR BAIT December 2, 2011 at 9:32 am

Dear Sir,

Please note my barcode number is 4208 6648 9159.

My address mentioned on the card is as follows:

Room No 1,Near Hanuman Prasad Building,
Near Hanuman Mandir

I want to change the address on the card as below:

MUMBAI – 40 0011




anand diwakarrao joshi December 23, 2011 at 3:33 pm

i have to change address .my .aadhar no 2823073747822. my new address is anand diwakarrao joshi c/o shri jatashankar tiwari, A/4 Abhinav colony, sita nagar ,somalwada nagpur-440025.


admin December 23, 2011 at 8:51 pm
sarat kumar panda January 7, 2012 at 10:33 am

we have applied for AADHAR Card on 15/05/2011 time13:00:56 vide numbers 1178/60033/00608(my self) and on 12/06/2011 time 16:10:36 vide no-1178/60027/02036(son) respectively. As per the aadhar guide line we have to receive card within 90days from the date of enrollment but till date we are not received the card.
Kindly do the needful.


Anjaneyulu January 15, 2012 at 6:03 am

Hello sir, my name is anjaneyulu, sir we want to change my brother name in adhar card, my younger brother name is Lalu, lalu name is his printed his study certificates. sir by mistake my brother name printed tarun, so we want to change his name in adhar card lalu, sir could i know how to change his name in adhar card. thanku sir.


Vinay Gupta January 21, 2012 at 6:01 am

My father is not an educated person. When he applied for his Aadhar Card in Delhi, I waa in Bangalore. So i as not able to fill his form and check details. But when I see his Aadhar Card now, I saw that his date of birth is incorrect. Is there any way to correct this. As his policies and mediclaims are dependent on this.
I would be highly grate ful to you if you can tell me some info on this.

Vinay Gupta


CHANDRANATH BHATTACHARJEE February 13, 2012 at 11:07 am

My UID card needs a address change as self has left the place permanently where the card was made and now have shiffted residence.What is the process and where should we approach for necessary amendments for a new card with present address.


Gagandeep Singh February 20, 2012 at 3:28 pm

i need to make changes to the spelling of my name on the Uid card. My name on the card shows ‘Gaganeep Singh’. There is a ‘d’ missing (Gagan[d]eep Singh). Please let me know how to get the required urgent change done asap.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Gagandeep Singh


Reshma February 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I had applied for UID few months back and the address updated is of Vikroli, i have not yet received my UID. Now my address has changed from Vikroli to Chembur.

What is the process and where should we approach for necessary amendments for present address. Kindly help


radhika sharma March 27, 2012 at 5:18 pm

My name is Radhika Sharma W/o Anil Sharma.
I will get my AADHAR card today(27.03.2012), AADHAR card no. 4317 6686 8695.
In my card some information is not correct.
Please inform me, is there any possibility to make corrections.
My correct information is Name : Mrs. RADHIKA SHARMA, Address : w/o.Mr. ANIL SHARMA,
61, New Swami nagar, Panerion ki Madri, Udaipur , Rajasthan. Pin 313002.
date of birth 01/07/1975.
Other detail when enroll for Aadhar card is My Enrollment No. 1003/12707/02740, Dated: 30/08/2011, Time 11:49:13.
Voter ID was my address proof.
All other entries are correct.
Please inform me, is there any possibility to make correction.
Please reply me. I am awaiting your reply.
Thank you,
Yours sincerely,
Radhika Sharma


sahana March 30, 2012 at 6:50 am


Kindly suggest Change of address – the website states that 48hrs from the time of enrollment, whats the procudure if we have moved our location in the city, how to go with change of address.

Address to be changed from previous residence to the new resident



Nimmatoori Naresh April 2, 2012 at 5:43 am

Becuse of the job, shifting of places is common for me. So, instead of changing address(temporary) each time, i want to update the address to my permanent address. I have to change address in my .aadhar no 932742153370 and my permanent address is Nimmatoori Naresh, S/o Muthaiah, H.No: 4-1-413, Rotary Nagar, Khanapuram Haveli, Khammam (Post&Dist.), A.P – 507 002. And i have proofs for the above mentioned permanent address. Please change my address in my aadhaar card.


Mark Ceniceros April 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well


RamanDeep Singh April 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

I am RamanDeep Singh, I have just received my UID Card and have realised that my name on the card is written as “Ramandeep (Asingh)” instead of “Ramandeep (Singh)” But the name in Hindi is written correct.
And my email id instead of ( is entered wrong as (

I want to change these two things, I would like to know it’s procedure.
Kindly reply me @ as soon as possible.

Thanking you,
RamanDeep Singh.


devender singh April 19, 2012 at 9:00 am

sir, i have forgot my enrollment no. how can i get it .help me to check my uid card without enrollment no.


mohan agarwal April 28, 2012 at 10:52 am

Respected sir/madam
I Mohan Agarwal from Bhopal (M.P.) has recently received my AADHAAR CARD and found that there is mistake
in my name it Mohan nor Mohanla.
So please kindly make changes in my card as soon as possible.My AADHAAR CARD no. is 3773 0515 5109
ill be waiting for your reply.
With regards:
Mohan Agarwal


shakeel April 30, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Information related updating ones information is at

Please download and follow accordingly


Leave a Comment