Importance Of UID Card for a Citizen of India
Importance of UID for Indian citizens
UID also called Unique Identification Number has been come on the national platform of India. It is a simple process of allocating a unique number to every citizen of India. This scheme has been run by Indian government support by Unique Identification Authority. The scheme has also become popular by the name of Aadhaar Project. It is interesting to know that many such citizen identification schemes are running in prominent countries of the world. The scheme of UID is running in South Korea as Resident’s Registration Number, in Malaysia as Identification Card Number and in U.S.A as Social Security Number. The need of setting a unique identification system for country residents has been realized by governments of many countries. The Government of India has also felt that citizens should have an easy way to maintain their personal and social identity. For this reason UID project has become important for every citizen of India.
Advantages of UID Card
Seeing the utility and promising advantages of UID, Indian government is making all country citizens to avail these cards. It is running numerous campaigns to grant national publicity to importance of UID cards. For this purpose it is doing announcements using loud speakers, distributing ad pamphlets and sending elected authorities to tell people about need of UID. In many cities of India, officials of cantonment board are meeting common people to convey about advantages of UID cards. Most officials of chosen government departments say that they have successfully created awareness about UID cards among Indian masses. Latest statistical figures reveal that more than 20,000 people have applied for these cards in prominent metro cities of India. However the government of India is on a mission to make these national identity cards reach, in all districts & rural areas of the country.
Benefits of Availing (Unique Identification Number)
- UID is of great help for poor, under privileged and non marginalized persons residing in rural areas of the country.
- It can help citizens while applying for jobs in government and private sector.
- Citizens an use it while taking financial assistance from banks and other government welfare programs.
- A UID number can serve as a powerful tool to identify illegal immigrants and terrorists within India.
- A UID card can help to convince authorities of bank while applying for savings, recurring or business account.
- An Indian citizen can speed the process of his application for a passport or driving license by adding his unique identification number.