Importance of UID Card
UID Card is being issued under Unique Identification by Authority of India. This campaign was started in the year 2006. This card contains a twelve digit unique identification number. This number contains all biographic and demographic details of Indian residents including photo, finger prints, iris etc. UID card is like a genuine social identity number which avoids confusion in identifying a citizen in India. It is an identity card meant for multiple purpose like getting a passport, visa, license etc. It can also be submitted while applying for financial grants from banks. Every government and private firm wants a unique identification proof while extending its services to citizens of India. UID card’s Unique Identification Number is a reliable source to trace an identity of any person in India. UID card’s issue is now being done under Aadhaar Project. This project is definitely going to help Indian Government and Indian citizens to get over issue of genuine social identification.
Purpose of UID Cards
The government of India believes that creating a Unique National Identification can help in many procedures like elections, public welfare programs and checking of illegal immigrants and terrorists in the country. Obtaining a UID card number is voluntary. Previously Indian government issues identifications that were based on regions and special goals. This caused overspread of corruption, bribery and ignoring of service by officials in public and private firms. Unique Identification Number cards issued under Aadhaar Project will be linked with all other identification proofs like ration cards, voter IDS, licenses and various business permits.
Documents required for UID card
The procedure of applying for UID cards is simple.
- Indian citizens can download enrollment forms from the official website of UIDAI. One has to fill correct information in this enrollment form.
- One has to submit attested copies of identity proof with the enrollment form of Unique Identification Card.
- Applicants are required to submit attested proof of identification and address.
- Driving license, passport, voter ID, photo credit card, kisan photo passbook, photo bank ATM card and pensioner’s photo cards can be used as proofs of identification.
- Electrictity bills, driving license, credit card statements, arms license, voter ID, insurance policies and pensioner card can be used as address verification proofs.
- Date of birth can be verified by submitting birth certificate, passport and birth certificate issued by an A Grade Gazetted Officer.
- An SSLC book certificate can also be used as a proof for verification of birth date. Our official website can provide you more details about documents to be submitted for UID cards.